Sunday, June 15, 2008

THE INCREDIBLE HULK

HULK SMASH PUNY MOVIES



GO SEE! HULK GOOD!



BIG MOVIE OF ALL TIME





Will someone please take out this egomaniac!

Thanks Jips


The Incredible Hulk is amazing! It is exactly what the first HULK movie should have been. Ang Lee you should just stick with the crouching tigers and gay cowboys, and that's all I'm going to say about that movie.


Back to the Incredible Hulk. Edward Norton is the man! He always knows exactly how to play his roles. He brought the emotion and turmoil of Bruce Banner that was missing in the first film. There was plenty of him too. Don't be mistaking there is definitely alot of Hulk sightings, but the balance of actor and monster was great. Same goes with Abomination. Tim Roth was brilliant! I didn't believe him to be Russian, but that doesn't matter. I believed him to be a badass.


The Hulk animation was flawless. Never once did I think it looked fake or CGI. Mainly do to all the crazy action. The Hulk throwing, crashing, breaking, and smashing everything makes you forget all about CG. Man, movies are going crazy cool into the CGI world. There are plenty of those purest out there who hate the CGI, but I ask how else are you going to make a 8 foot green monster look real. Lou Ferriigno isn't going to live forever.


Speaking of Lou, his cameo was great. In fact all the cameos were awesome. Stan Lee, RDJR, Lou....superb!! (UPDATE: I just learned that Bill Bixby had a cameo!! I missed it! Off the the theater I go)


It is a good thing the SciFi network was playing the old TV show all week. I got a good feel for the movie. Because the movie had the same tone and emotion of that show. Man, Marvel did great this time! I don't know how they ever let that other movie get made. I loved the whole story about how Bruce is just searching for the cure, but along the way he does his best to help people. The Hulk isn't a monster. He is a hero. Uncontrollable....yes. But he is still a hero. It was the little things that made it good. Like Bruce wanting to help the girl in the bottle factory. The purple shorts! The days without incident counter. Finding himself in different countries after the Hulk leaves. The whole Hulk world was made believable.


Also look for Marvel to rule the world in the near future. I wasn't so sure about the crossing-over of characters but I got to say seeing Iron Man in the Hulk is getting this comic fan excited. In the comics the cross-over happens all the time, characters intermingle into each others' worlds. Until now, all the comic movies stayed self contained. Look for Iron Man 2 and Thor in 2010. Captain America and the Avengers in 2011. And most likely another Hulk in 2012. It is going to be a superhero world. Will Thor's Hammer be huge? What evil will Cap face? Are the Avengers going to take down the Hulk? If anyone can keep all these stories in line its Marvel.


My mind is spinning! Super Soldier serum! Abomination! Nick Fury! The Leader! Avengers! HULK rated A -AWESOME!! This one is so close to getting the the best rating. I might go see it again and change my mind. HA!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought Bill Bixby was dead.

Travelin' Miles said...

He is dead. It was very clever how they did his cameo

Anonymous said...

Wow. You REALLY like this movie. It's cool...I liked it too. I did catch the Bill Bixby cameo...thought it was totally fucking awesome. Didn't mind the CGI...if there's ever a place for it...it's a movie like this. Good balance of action and non-action. Ed Norton...holding it down. Liv Tyler gave me 90's flashbacks (think Aerosmith's "Crazy" video.) All in all, a good outing at the theater. The only other movie I have high expectations for this summer...Dark Knight. Till then, Miles.