Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Deadpool 2




Whoa, we needed that two week breather after the devastating ending of Avengers Infinity War. I'm still feeling a bit stunned from it. Also I was slightly sick this week, so naturally I didn't even try to write this post. I just can't muster any energy to focus when I'm feeling ill.

But enough about my feeble problems.

Deadpool! Everyone's favorite Merc with a Mouth!

The first Deadpool film surprised everyone. The success of it not only spawned this sequel but also proved that audiences would embrace a schizoid character with a bizarre -breaking the fourth wall- style of story.

Where to begin?

Deadpool 2 takes what made the first movie great and turns it up a few notches. Another R-rated action comedy, so don't bring the kids unless you are hoping they will expand their vocabulary.

There are a plethora of jokes and references of everything from Wolverine/X-Men movies to expanding jokes from the first film to Josh Brolin's previous acting jobs, etc, etc.

The introduction of new characters, Cable and Domino, fits perfectly into Deadpool's universe. They play it serious and straight to complement Deadpool's hyper- active zaniness.  I wonder what they are thinking when he breaks the fourth wall. Do they even notice? Is it all in Deadpool's head? Are we even actually watching a movie now?!

Probably my favorite part of this whole franchise is how it knows where it needs to make fun of itself.
Just check out this music video


When most action movies go get (name of most recent artist/band) to record a new rock/pop song that will be burning up the charts for weeks for the soundtrack, the creators of Deadpool wanted to take to the next level. Instead they go get the iconic CĂ©line Dion to perform a Titanic grade ballad. Go ahead, try and get this song out of your head. I bet you're already humming it to yourself.


Deadpool 2 is incredibly funny. I caught myself laughing so hard that I missed the following jokes or scene. I might need to view it a second time.

It receives an E-Exceptional

You'll want to go see this movie if you haven't already. Keep an eagle eye out for some surprising cameos! Also all the laughs are great but remember to stay for the post credits cut scenes for those bonus laughes. It is totally worth it.

Here's a reminder of our 3 out of 4 doctors approved ranking system

L - Legendary
E - Exceptional
G - Gratifying 
e - Entertained
n - Nugatory
d - Dreadful

Coming up this weekend, SOLO: A Star Wars Story. If they called it LANDO, maybe I would be more eager to see, but we're going anyways. #YouCannotReplaceHarrisonFord

No comments: