Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wait til Next Year!!

So last week, I missed Battleship. I missed The Dictator. I was sick at home...all weekend, but did see one movie before my illness. More on that later. I guess I will get my chance to possibly see those two movies, although I am not hearing good things. I will get my second chance because G.I. Joe Retaliation, which was set to be released June 29, will now be pushed to release in March 2013.

Paramount has had the brilliant idea to rework G.I. Joe Retaliation so it will be in 3D. They also believe that by moving it to March they will get greater numbers much like The Hunger Games.

I believe this is crap!

How does Paramount think that moving a possible summer blockbuster out of the summer in any way is a good idea? If more people go to the movies in March than the summertime then this blog would be called Spring Legendary Movie Review. What happened to all those trailers and promos to get us pumped to see G.I. Joe? Why did they pay for  a very expensive spot to air a trailer during the Super Bowl? Will they re-rack it for next year's Super Bowl? This just pisses me off. Paramount only hopes to make slightly more money by converting this movie to 3D.

You want to know what this is really about? I believe Paramount sees that G.I. Joe comes out 4 days before Amazing Spider-Man and 3 weeks before The Dark Knight Rises, and they don't see any chance of making any type of profit. Yes, it is all about money. Movies in 3D have higher ticket prices. March 2013 is wide open with no competition. Yeah.... I'm sure this is a GREAT financial move for Paramount.

Moving on....

I did see Dark Shadows before I was stricken by illness. Now I am a fan of Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, but man, I wish they would stop teaming up to make movies. I thought the movie was entertaining enough, but it really didn't have anything memorable about it. The story was very basic and most of the supporting cast was less that great. Depp was great as usual. Five minutes into the movie you sight of Depp and only see his character. He has a knack for that.

I thought it was E - Entertaining. It was funny at times. Since the movie was suppose to be a parody of a show in the 70's, I think it would have been better to have been released maybe ten years ago. I only say that because someone my age wouldn't remember the 70's, and we are the ones with all the money paying for these movies.

Next week, MIB III

No comments: