Friday, May 15, 2015

Mad Max: Fury Road

Have you ever been driving on a freeway and seen a car collision that you just can't stop starting at it?

You're curious about what happened to the cars. How could it even happen in the first place? Then you try to piece together the actions needed to cause such a collision. You're transfixed. You just can't stop staring.

Well, Mad Max: Fury Road is that car collision, but it involves 100 vehicles all shooting fire with a heavy metal rock concert in the center.


If you remember the older versions of Mad Max, you may also recall the best parts of those movies were the vehicle chase scenes. George Miller (who created Mad Max) noticed that as well, and he decided to make this movie one ENTIRE CHASE SCENE.

Seriously, it is 2 hours of driving, fighting, explosions, crashing, shooting, flames, bullets, explosions, smashing, slashing, scraping, explosions, rock riffs, screaming, yelling, flying and explosions.

I was mentally exhausted after it ended. My heart was racing, and as I left the theater, I felt like I was walking in slow motion. There were a few times in the movie that I said to myself, "What is going on here?" I can't keep up with this speed. How can I digest that much action?

These weren't no ordinary action scenes either. The way the scenes were shot and edited gave you the strange sensation that you were there, involved within the scenes. The use of color tones gives the film a stunning look. The sound was loud. You could feel it thumping against your chest.

JipMix stated that the word of mouth about this movie will spread and within the next few weeks people will pack the theaters. I think he is correct on that one.

Mad Max: Fury Road is ferocious, very loud and at times cinematically beautiful movie.

It gets E - Exceptional. Definitely worth seeing in a theater. Bring your heart medication.

Up Next, Tomorrowland..... hopefully it will have a calming effect after this movie.

No comments: