Friday, May 29, 2015

San Andreas

There's one problem with all Natural Disaster movies. They are all essentially the same movie. San Andreas is not any different.


Never have I been in a theater where I felt ashamed to be laughing. I felt like I was being disruptive to the other theater goers. I couldn't help it. This movie was hilarious. The only problem, it wasn't suppose to be funny.

The action was so over the top that it felt cartoonish. The dialogue said by some characters was completely ridiculous. The plot was very basic with highly predictable character development. It was just laughable at every turn.

Let's talk about the plot. It is exactly what you've expected. A loving family man does whatever it takes to save his family from the World's most devastating natural disaster even if it means traversing a great distance through multiple cities to do so. Spoiler Alert: As thousands of people are dying all over the place, he finds a way to save his whole family and their friends.

The sad part, Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) is actually real good in this movie. He has all the emotional scenes and he knocks all of them out of the park. He has become a good actor. I only wished that this movie was scaled down a bit. Maybe have The Rock save his family who all happen to be in one location. Sure the world can be crashing down, but he should have been in one building or a dangerously claustrophobic room where he fights for them all to survive.

San Andreas was e - Entertained

It cracked me up! It wasn't suppose to but I laughed because it was ridiculous. You shouldn't go see it in the theater. I spent $12 to see it so I can tell you to wait until it comes out on video on demand.

Up next..... Entourage

I wish Jurassic World would just be released already!

No comments: