Monday, May 25, 2015

Tomorrowland

 I have been excited about the release of Tomorrowland for months.


Why wouldn't I be? 

Whenever I visit Disneyland, the first place I go is Tomorrowland to ride either Space Mountain or Star Tours. I'm sure many would agree with me (in my opinion) that it is the best section of the park. It has always been a wonderful glimpse into a fantastic possible future that awaits us all. So when I heard that Disney was going to expand the Tomorrowland universe with a feature film, I was completely on board. Look what they did with the Pirates of the Caribbean movies! Disney created a successfully fun film franchise with a ride. Imagine what could be done with an entire Land!!

Oh, how wrong was I.

After seeing the first trailer which has a girl swept away to another dimension by touching a pin. After reveals in TV spots of jet packs, monorails, rockets, etc, etc. Even after seeing posters showing exteriors of Space Mountain and other various Tomorrowland landmarks. After all of that, I was confident that this film was going to be highly enjoyable; only to be highly disappointing.

There is no easy way to state this. I was bored watching Tomorrowland.

It had some good moments. It had some action. It even had some what of an okay story. But at times it dragged. It spent way too long on a back story that I didn't care about. The plot was the same tired theme of "The World is ending, unless WE rise up and fix it", and the ending was very rushed.

The only thing memorable about my viewing was this pin.


I received this small token with my ticket purchase to help create the illusion that I was going on a ride of a lifetime. Oy vey!

Although the movie didn't create the imagination thrill ride I was expecting, I still really like the pin, and I will wear it the next time I ride Space Mountain in Disneyland.

Tomorrowland gets e - Entertained

Mainly because I really, really like the free pin.

Coming next..... San Andreas

No comments: