Friday, May 3, 2013

The Return of Iron Man!!

Welcome!! Summer Legendary Movie Review has returned!!


We're kicking the year off properly with Iron Man 3!

It is crazy to think about how I started this whole review 5 years ago with Iron Man. This year we're going the distance!!

I actually saw Iron Man 3 in an advance 3D IMAX screening on Tuesday (three days before it opened), but I decided to hold off on my review until it was released. My reasoning? I hate spoilers!! I promise not to ever be a spoiler.

If you don't know how this review works, I will not post any spoilers to movies. I usually watch all the movies at the midnight showing, and then post the review the next day. The reviews basically tell you what I think of the overall movie watching experience. I give my honest opinion on whether you should see the movie or not. I will not leak any details. No spoilers!!

Let's get too it!

Iron Man 3


Best. Iron. Man. Ever!!

This film had a tough task. It had to follow the super popular Avengers from last summer. I don't think anyone thought it could get any better than the Avengers. Well..... Iron Man 3 decided to go ahead and try.

The best part about IM3 is that it continues in the time frame right after Avengers, but if doesn't piggyback itself on top of that popularity. This is a stand alone film. The story is its own. The plot takes Iron Man in a new direction. It shows the audience a new depth of Tony Stark.

Speaking of, let's talk about the man.... Robert Downey Jr.

He is the force that makes these films awesome! He is Tony Stark!! Once again, his performance is superb. I doubt these Iron Man movies would be as popular without his great vision for the character. He is able to be serious and funny at the same time. He makes you believe that this fictional character is a real person. RDJr is the perfect Tony Stark.

While talking about characters, you may want to pay close attention to the stupendous acting job done by Sir Ben Kingsley. I will only say that his voice will give you chills.

The story is action packed and it moves very quickly. I was surprised that when it was over that is was two hours plus. It did not feel that long and I wanted more.

In fact, I plan on seeing it again. Once again in 3D. This 3D thing is not a fad. It is not going away any time soon. Each film is getting better and better in 3D. Another reason is I purchased my own arc reactor but the UPS man didn't deliver it on time for the screening.



If I plan on seeing it again, then you should go see it also. Or go again if you already saw it.

Iron Man 3 gets an E - Exceptional!!


Here is the new and improved rating system


L - Legendary
E - Exceptional
G - Gratifying 
e - Entertained
n - Nugatory
d - Dreadful



How long will Marvel continue to deliver great character driven movies? From what I saw in IM3, I believe Marvel will continue to roll out these stand alone films that will tie together for another Avengers movie until the public loses interest in the characters. That might be a really long time.

For a long time comic book fan like myself, this superhero movie era has been spectacular. I get to see all my favorite characters brought to life. I am excited for all the new phases of films yet to be released by Marvel Studios in the near future.

Next up The Great Gatsby.....

No comments: